The key to decorating any boy’s room is functionality, you need to be very clever while decorating the room and come up with space saving and storage ideas.
- You can add alphabet to the wall, huge alphabetic wall hangings are easily available in the market, for instance, buy the alphabet ‘J’ if that’s the very letter of your teen’s name and place it in the center of the wall.
- You can follow some theme, decorate the entire room according to the theme, for instance, you can follow the Avengers theme.
- Put in a little effort and go online search for catchy phrases and words, once done searching make signs and place them in the entire room, boys love such signs. You can use neon color for the signs.
- Bold, deep color and stylish wood strips are what you really need for that wall behind the bed.
- While buying the furniture make sure that they can be used for multiple reasons and do not over overcrowd the place, the spacing is very much important and at this age, kids pursue most of their interests like drumming and gaming so the spacing matters.
- You can make the room look industrial by using cage lights and pipes, this would not only give an industrial look to the room but would make the room look highly stylish.
- If your kid is into sports then use sports as the theme or if he is into bands then use rock bands as a theme.
- Add bean bags to the room it would make the room look cozy and moving them won’t cause much trouble to your teen.
- Know your child and then decorate his room, ask questions related to his favorite sports, band and talk about his passion and then use all the answers to decorate his room, teens spend most of their precious time in their room so let the room talk and tell who he really is.
- You can use green as the main color of the room if you are planning to paint the room in some dark deep color then use green colored bed sheets, green colored curtains and match the design with white.
- If your teen’s room is comparatively small then you should buy a platform bed for him and make sure that there are a lot of drawers in it, it would make the room look more organized and spacious.
- Instead of a closet add coat racks to the room and with coat racks use hanging bulbs, it would give a nice industrial appearance to the room and most of the guys don’t really prefer closets.
Just keep spacing and detailing in mind while decorating the room and keep asking your teen that what he really wants in the room and how he wishes to decorate his room, let him give you some nice ideas, involve him in decorating his own room. Don’t forget that the room needs to talk and tell everyone that who your child really is.