We went strawberry picking too and had awesome time picnicking and picking strawberries off the farm....it's so much fun to pick your own fruits. I made a lot of Strawberry-Cinnamon Jam, ate a lot of them and used the rest of the strawberries to make this delicious Strawberry Mint Ice-Cream.
This creamy delicious ice-cream is eggless, super quick, easy to make and soooooooo delicious.
Here is the recipe (Click here for printable recipe)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups pureed strawberries (just wash, hull and mash the strawberries in a mixer)
1 cup chopped strawberries (optional; we like to have chunks of strawberries in the ice-cream)
14-15 leaves of fresh mint (you can chop them finely or mash in the mixer with the strawberries)
PS: If you plan to use store bought sweetened strawberry pulp, you may not need to add any sugar.
1. Chill the bowl and beater of your electric mixer in the freezer for 5-7 minutes. Also keep heavy whipping cream chilled until ready to use.
2. Beat the cream in the chilled bowl until it doubles in volume and forms soft peaks.
3. Add the condensed milk and sugar and beat for 30 more seconds.
4. Stop the mixer now; add mashed and chopped strawberries, chopped mint and mix well with the help of spatula.
5. Pour into a airtight container and freeze.
Rich, Creamy and absolutely delicious Strawberry Mint ice-cream is ready!
And you can also make some POPS! :)