These cookies are so easy and breezy to make. Took 10 min to mix up everything and 12 minutes to bake the cookies!
Here is the recipe (Click here for printable version)
1 cup less 2 tbsp- all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp- corn starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp- dried or fresh orange zest
6 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp saffron essence
few strands saffron
few chopped pistachios- for ganish
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in the vanilla and saffron essence.
3. In a bigger bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently making a soft dough.
5. Make small balls and flatten them a bit in-between your palms. Arrange on the baking try keeping some distance in between balls.
6. Now garnish by adding pistachio and saffron strands to the center of each flattened balls.
7. Bake for 12 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Let cookies cool for a 3-4 minutes before removing from the tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Is your kitchen filled with aroma already? Mine did....:))