Request for biscotti's came from my husband who totally loves having it with his coffee and whenever I bake, I give him a box full to keep in his office drawer which he can munch on while attending some boring conference calls ..lol. This time I wanted to bake different flavors and decided on cappuccino biscotti and I started getting ingredients together, walnuts and white chocolate chips joined the list with a hint of cinnamon which made these biscotti's taste super delicious.
Do try these flavors and I am sure you are gonna love it. Whether you are someone who likes to nibble on the biscotti's or dunk in the coffee, these perfectly baked cookies are gonna steal your heart.
Here is the recipe (Click here for printable version)
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp + 1 tsp instant coffee/espresso powder
3/4 cup walnuts (chopped and toasted)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degree F. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool and chop coarsely
2. In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, coffee powder and salt.
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer, using the paddle attachment,beat the eggs and vanilla extract until combined (about 30 seconds). Add melted butter, milk and sugar, beat until combined
4. Add the flour mixture and beat until a stiff but sticky dough forms, adding walnuts and chocolate chips halfway through mixing
5. With floured hands, divide the dough in half and shape each half into a 10 x 2 inches log on the greased baking sheet with spacing in between as logs will spread during baking
6.Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes
7.Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the logs into 3/4 inch (2 cm) wide slices
8. Arrange the slices cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes on each side. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Dunk them in your favorite coffee or munch on them as is. They are delicious and make a perfect afternoon snack.
Going directly to Champa's Bake Off.