These laddoos are so delicious and melt in the mouth as you bite on them.
|Look at these beauties!|
2 +1/2 cup chickpea/gram flour
1+ 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup clarified ghee or butter
1 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp almonds for garnishing (blanched and finely chopped)
1. In a thick non stick pan, heat ghee/butter on a low flame.
2. Add besan to the ghee and start roasting. You have to roast the besan on the low flame till it changes its color slightly (it will look more like caramel) and spreads sweet aroma. ( Keep stirring else the besan will burn). You will also notice that ghee/butter gets separated from the sides when its done. This process may takes 15-20 minutes.
3. Turn off the flame and remove the pan from the stove and let the roasted besan cool down for sometime.
4. Once the besan cools down a bit, add sugar and cardamom Powder and mix it nicely and gently.
6. Wait till the mixture becomes cool enough to get handled from bare hands and then take small portions of mixtures between palms and roll them into a ball.
7. Garnish by putting almonds on the top of each ladoo.
Yummy, besan ladoos are ready to serve. Store in an airtight container.
P.S: 1. Roasting Besan at the right flame is the key. Make sure you roast on low flame.
2. If you keep the ladoos in the refrigerator, warm them up for 10-15 seconds before eating/serving, not only they will become soft and look freshly made.