These ladoos were a breeze to make! Super easy and don't even take much time. All you need is 15-20 min to make them. Sweet aroma of cardamom fills you as you bite on them.
Here is the recipe for you to follow ( Click here for printable version)
2 1/4 cups grated coconut (1/4 cup is for the final flaky cover)
1/2 cup+ 1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk (or a little more if you like too sweet)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
20-25 golden raisins
3/4 tsp cardamom powder
1. Lightly toast 2 cups of coconut in a pan on low to medium high heat, until it starts giving sweet aroma. It doesn't need to be all brown. Light golden color is good.
2. Add the heavy cream and the condensed milk. Keep stirring on low until it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
3. Turn off the gas and remove it in a bowl. Add cardamom powder and raisins to it and mix well.
4. Let the mixture cool down a bit so you can handle it with bare hands.
5. Meanwhile, spread the 1/4 cup of coconut that we kept aside in a plate.
6. Now, divide the mixture in 18-20 portions and shape them into small round balls.
7. Dip and roll each ball into the dry coconut thats spread on the plate. This will give the ladoo a nice flaky coconut cover.
8. Let them cool completely over the counter and refrigerate for 1 hour. This makes ladoo set completely.
Serve at the room temperature. Store in an airtight container [If you are able to save any by then :)]