Its been quite a long time since I posted anything related to Chocolate!! So today was the chocolate day and I decided to bake a Marble Chocolate Loaf cake this afternoon! This heavenly chocolate vanilla loaf cake is perfect to satisfy your chocolate craving and can easily be made with the ingredients we usually have at home.
A slice of chocolate marble cake with a hot cup of coffee is a perfect to enjoy on a cold evening like we have these days!
Here is the simple recipe for you (click here for printable recipe)
1/2 cup milk (divided)
1/4 cup sour cream
8 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup and 2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
Loaf Pan (greased and dusted with some flour)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and keep the loaf pan prepared as mentioned above
2. In a bowl, mix together the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt
3. Add 1/4 cup of milk and the semi-sweet baking chocolate in a steel bowl and heat it over simmering water. Once the chocolate is melted, switch off the gas and remove the steel bowl from the hot water and keep it aside.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together the 1/4 cup of milk and the sour cream and keep aside.
5. In bowl of your electric mixer or hand mixer, cream sugar and butter until its light in color and fluffy
6. Add in the eggs, one at a time beating well until they incorporate well.
7. Now add the flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternatively in three additions beginning and ending with the flour.
8. Spoon half of the batter in a separate bowl.
9. Add the melted chocolate mixture to one half of the batter and fold in.
10. Now with two spoons, place spoonfuls of two mixtures alternatively in the loaf pan.
11. Run a skewer or knife through the two batters to achieve a marbled effect.
12. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan.
Enjoy the delicious chocolate loaf cake with a hot cup of coffee.