Thursday, July 22, 2010
Stuffed Green Pepper.....Healthy and Delicious!
Today I picked fresh Green Bell Peppers from my garden which were ready to be harvested! Fresh picked veggies taste so wonderful. As soon as I picked these from the garden, my husband requested to prepare stuffed peppers for the dinner. We enjoyed having these for Dinner with Daal and Chappati. A fulfilling delicious dinner!
Bell pepper is also called Capsicum and comes in different colors including Red, Yellow and Orange. Bell peppers are low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol ,Sodium and is high in Dietary Fiber and many other vitamins.
Bell Pepper stuffed with Spicy Potatoes are delicious to enjoy with dinner or even as snack!
Let me go ahead and brief you about this healthy recipe (Click here for printable version)
3-4 Green Bell Peppers (Medium Sized)
2 Potatoes (Boiled and mashed)
2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
1/2 Tsp Chopped Ginger
1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt- Per Taste
3/4 Tsp -Red Chilli Powder or Per Taste
1/2 Tsp-Turmeric Powder
1/4 Tsp -Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp -Coriander Powder
2 Tsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
5 Tbsp Oil ( 2 Tbsp for Making mashed potatoes and 3 Tbsp for Stir Frying Bell Peppers)
Preparing Mashed Potatoes:
1. Heat 2 Tbsp of Oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds once the oil is hot. As soon as it changes color, add green chillies and chopped ginger. Stir Fry for 15-20 seconds.
2. Add all the dry spices and saute for 15 seconds.
3. Add in the mashed potatoes and mix nicely so that the potatoes gets nicely coated with all the spice.
4. Let the potatoes cook for 5-7 minutes while stirring.
5. Turn off the gas and let them cool off a little. Then add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Stuffing and Stir Frying Peppers:
1. Wash the Green Peppers. Cut the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds.
2. Stuff the potatoes into the peppers nicely.
3. Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in the pan and add the Stuffed Bell Peppers. Stir Fry the peppers. Using tongs keep rotating the pepper so that it gets nicely done from all the sides. (We like it dark and nicely done...Its gives a wonderful taste)
4. Take off the gas when its done and put it on the paper towel to remove the extra oil.
SERVE HOT !!