Spiced Peach Mango Jam and Mixed Fruit Jam.
BTW, I won't have to do any more kneading for my dough and other baking needs. My DH just bought me a beautiful Kitchen Aid 600 Professional Series Stand Mixer. :) . He is opening the packaging as I write. YAY!! Now that the Stand Mixer is ready to do all the hard work, I can get back into my baking action.[ME SUPER HAPPY :) ]
Anyways, let's get back to today's post and enjoy these delicious Jam Filled Thumbprint Cookies which are so easy and quick to make; little crunchy from outside and melts in the mouth with the bite! I am sending these to Champa's Bake Off Event.
Here is the recipe (Click here for the printable version)
1 Cup All purpose Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
Ghee or Melted Butter (Around 10 tbsp or enough to knead a soft dough)
Jam- Of your choice
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix.
3. Now start adding Ghee or Melted Butter a Tbsp or Two at a time and start kneading the dough. The dough should come together and it will be quite soft.
4. Now make smooth balls of approx 1.5 inch in diameter and press each balls light in between palms.
5. Make a thumbprint in the center of each ball and fill it with your favorite Jam ( Should be seedless jam)
6. Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes. Cookies will develop slight scars on the top.
7. Let them cool on a wire rack for atleast 10 minutes ( This is very important otherwise you will end up burning your tongue with that HOT Jam filling :)...So have patience :D )
These cookies store well in an air-tight container (Only if your kids and family will leave any)