Monday, July 19, 2010
Gorgeous White Bread!
Now I know why everyone used to call Kitchen-Aid a Beauty! This Beautiful Stand Mixer has made my work super-easy. All I have to do is add the ingredients to the bowl, put it on the knead cycle and here it goes....It mixes and kneads such perfect Dough! I love it!
Yesterday I used the mixer to knead dough for this Gorgeous White Bread. Bread came out so perfect and delicious! Fresh Bread Toast with a cup of coffee is a perfect way to start the day!
Here is the super easy recipe for this Gorgeous White Bread (Click here for printable recipe)
3 Cups All purpose Flour
1 Cup Warm Water
1/3 Cup Sugar
2.5 Tsp Active Dry Yeast
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Oil
2 Tbsp Warm Milk
1. In a bowl, mix yeast and sugar in 1 Cup of Warm Water. Allow it to proof atleast 10 minutes. It will become frothy.
2. Now add in 2 Tbsp of Oil, 2 Tbsp of Warm Milk and Salt. Mix.
3. Now keep adding All Purpose Flour 1 cup at at a time and start kneading. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. ( I just dumped all this in my electric mixer with the dough hook and let it knead on 2 power)
4. Place dough in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
5. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes and shape into loaf and place into well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pan.
6.Allow to rise for 45 more minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
7.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes.
8. Once the bread is done, take it out from the pan. Brush some butter on the top (It gives a nice glaze) and let it cool on wire rack completely.
What a great Fresh Loaf of Bread!!
Cut into slices with serrated knife and enjoy the Delicious Gorgeous White Beauty with Butter or Jam!
Like it Toasted? Me too :)
Sending this Bread to Champa's Bake Off Event.