Sunday, June 27, 2010
Spiced Peach Mango Jam
Look at this cluster of Peaches hanging from the tree.....Beautiful! Right?
Here is the most simple and delicious recipe for the Spiced Peach Mango Jam (Click here for printable recipe)
3 Cups Pureed Peaches ( Washed, Skin removed and Pureed in a mixer)
1 Cup Pureed Mango Pulp ( Remove the peel and inner seed. Take the pulp out and make Puree of it)
2 Cups Sugar
1 Tsp Ground All Spice
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Butter
1. Put all the chopped Peaches and Mango into a food processor or mixer, and make them into a puree or mash them using a masher. ( Whatever suits you best)
2. Pour the pureed fruits into a bowl.
3. Add the Sugar, All Ground Spice and Lemon Juice. Mix well. Keep it aside for 30 min.
4. After 30 min, Heat a pan and add the mixture to it.Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
5. Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil.
6. Put the flame to medium low and add the Butter now and Boil stirring often until most of the liquid is absorbed and mixture thickens. It could take approximately 20-25 minutes.
7. Perform a gel test: Place a spoonful of jam on chilled plate, and return to freezer. Wait for 1 minute; remove plate from freezer, Run your finger through the jam on the plate... if it doesn't try to run back together (if you can make a line through it with your finger); its ready.
6.After jam passes the gel test, remove from heat. Pour warm jam into sterile jars. Give the Jar Water-bath for 15 minutes.
7. Seal and refrigerate for upto 3-4 months.
How to give Water-bath to Jars:
a. It's suggested to put jars into a canner that contains simmering water.
b. After adding jars, add boiling water to bring water half way to the Jar.
c. Bring water to a rolling boil. Set timer and process for 15 minutes.
d. Remove jars from canner immediately after timer sounds.
e. Cool for 12-24 hours on a rack or on the counter.
f. Do not retighten screw bands after processing.
g. After jars are cooled, remove screw bands, wipe jars.
h. Store jars in a cool, dark place.