When I saw the cinnamon recipe posted by Ecurry's Webpage, I immediately bookmarked it. They looked so heavenly, I had to give them a try and so I did. They turned out awesome. I was so happy that these came out so good, just like Cinnabon's :). My Husband too loved these and enjoyed with coffee.
I followed the recipe exactly from Ecurry. Thanks for the wonderful recipe fellow blogger :)
Only thing I did different is that I dissolved the yeast in warm water with a little sugar for 5 minutes so that it starts to work and also reduced the quantity to half and made 8 medium sized rolls.
Although the recipe is same from above, I am still going to post it right here. (Click here for printable recipe)
Sending these right to Champa's Bake Off Event.
Ingredients: (makes about 6-8 medium rolls)
- 1.25 cups all-purpose flour and some more as needed for kneading.
- 1/2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Warm Water
- 3 oz whole milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, just about melted
- 2 oz packed brown sugar ( I used white sugar as I was out of brown one)
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 1/2 Tsp melted butter
- 2-4 Tbsp milk (or just enough to make a thick consistency)
To make the Sugar Glaze:
Whisk together the sugar, butter and milk till it reaches a thick, but slightly pourable consistency.
To make the Rolls:
1. In 2 tbsp Warm Water, add a pinch of sugar and dissolve the yeast. Let it sit for 5-10 min. It will become foamy. This way you know yeast is active and working.
2.. In a large bowl combine 1.25 cups of the all-purpose flour and the yeast mixture. Heat the milk, 1/8 cup sugar, 1/8 cup butter and salt just until mixture is warm (not hot) and the butter is just melted, stirring slowly.
3. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Add the egg and mix using spatula or electric beater on low speed while scraping the sides.Add some more flour and start kneading with your hand.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball.
5. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl & cover; let it rise in a warm place until double (about 1 to 1.5 hours). I had put in my Oven.
6. Punch dough down. Shape it into ball again, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. On lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a rectangle/oblong.
7.Spread generously with 1.5 tablespoons softened butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the stretched dough. Roll up from a short side till the end and seal the edges.
8. Slice each dough roll into 6-8 pieces.
9. Arrange slices, cut side down, in a greased baking pan. Cover; let rise until nearly double (about 30 – 45 minutes). Do NOT skip this step. At this stage the dough may be refrigerated for 24 hours.Let the rolls sit outside for 30-40 minutes on the counter before baking.
10. Place the rolls very close to each other on a baking tray. Bake rolls in a 350 F degrees oven for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.
11. Invert at once onto a wire rack. Cool slightly.
12. Drizzle rolls with the already made Sugar Glaze and INDULGE in these WARM, HEAVENLY, GOOEY DELICIOUS CINNAMON ROLLS.....YUMMMYYY!!