Strawberry Jam I had made 3-4 weeks ago. It was delicious and I absolutely loved having Jam on my breakfast toast. As I said in my earlier post, once you start making your own homemade jam, you wouldn't want to go for the store bought ones.As I opened my refrigerator and saw the strawberry jam is hardly left, I immediately took some fruits out and decided to make Mixed Fruit Jam.
I used Apples, Strawberries, Grapes and Mango :). I know there aren't much Jam's that use Mango but I did as Mango is my favorite fruit so how could I miss putting this delicious fruit into the Jam. This Mixed Fruit Jam came out delicious. I am sure this Jar too would be finished in no time and I will find myself making some new flavor.
For now try out this delicious Mixed Fruit Jam. I promise, its very easy to make and turns out awesome! (Click here for printable recipe)
Approx 1/2 Pound Strawberries ( Washed, Hulled and Chopped)
2 Apples ( Washed, Peeled and Chopped)
1 Ripe Mango ( Remove the peel and inner seed. Take the pulp out in a large bowl)
2 Cups Seedless Grapes
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
1 Tbsp Butter
1. Put all the chopped fruits ( Strawberries, Apples and Grapes) into a food processor or mixer, and make them into a puree or mash them using a masher. ( Whatever suits you best)
2. Pour the pureed fruits into the bowl of mango pulp and stir them.
3. Add the Cinnamon,Sugar and Lemon Juice. Mix well. Keep it aside for 1 hour.
5. Heat a pan and add the mixture to it.Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
6. Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil.
7. Put the flame to medium low and add the cardamom powder. Add the Butter now and Boil stirring often until most of the liquid is absorbed and mixture thickens. It could take approximately 25-30 minutes.
8. Perform a gel test: Place a spoonful of jam on chilled plate, and return to freezer. Wait 1 to 2 minutes; remove plate from freezer, Run your finger through the jam on the plate... if it doesn't try to run back together (if you can make a line through it with your finger); its ready.
6.After jam passes the gel test, remove from heat. Pour warm jam into sterile jars. Give the Jar Water-bath for 20 minutes.
7. Seal and refrigerate for upto 3 months. ( IF you can save this delicious Jam that long....LOL)
Enjoy your Breakfast Toast with Mixed Fruit Jam!! Fruitilicious....:) I already started...Look Below :P