Monday, May 31, 2010
Little Eggless Chocolate Delights!.....
Yes, that's what these are-- "Little Chocolate Delights" or if I say in Hindi "Bada Dhamaka Chota Pack" :D
These Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes were made specially for little nephew who visited us over the long weekend. He enjoyed these little cakes as much as I enjoyed making them. These chocolate packed petite cakes are a perfect treat not only for the kids but anyone who is in love with chocolate like me :) I loved decorating these cupcakes. These cakes were very moist and gooey! Frosting was creamy but light and perfectly sweetened.
My cousin, nephew and niece just left a few hours ago for their home and I am already missing my cute little angels! :( . Good thing is I will get to see them soon again. They live just 2.5 hours away from us.
I wish I had taken pictures of my nephew digging into the cake........he gets such a sparkle in his eyes and smile on face when he sees a chocolate cake. I love it! Actually my sister too got same kind of expression and smile when she ate the cupcake! Like Bua...Like Bhatija :) ( It means both Nephew and Aunt are alike).
Here is the recipe for the Chocolate Cupcakes (Click here for printable recipe).
This recipe makes 6 medium. For making 12, simply double the Ingredients.
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder ( I used Hershey's)
1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
1 small cube Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/6 Cup of Margarine or Oil (I used Canola Oil)
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Tbsp White Vinegar
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tub of Cool Whip Lite
1/4 Package of Instant Vanilla Pudding
1/8 Cup Sugar
1/8 Cup Milk
Food Colors per your choice
1. Grease and line baking liners into the Cupcake Pan or Muffin Pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
3. In a bowl, add All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Cinnamon Powder, Baking Soda and Salt.
4. Using double boiler method, melt the cube of Semi-sweet baking bar. Add Oil and Water to it and mix. As soon as it starts boiling, turn off the gas. Take it off the gas and Stir in Vinegar and Vanilla Extract.
5. Now slowly add liquid mixture in 3 parts to dry ingredients while mixing using a spatula. Do not overmix.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking cups upto 3/4 Full.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. ( Reducing the baking time by a minute or two keeps the cupcakes nice and moist)
8. Let the cupcakes cool in the tray for 5-10 minutes before you take them out. Transfer to a wire-rack and let them cool completely.
1. Add Vanilla Pudding, Sugar and Milk in a bowl and mix using a wire -whisk for 2 minutes.
2. Add in the Cool Whip and mix continuously for 2 more minutes.
3. Frosting is ready.
4. Just keep adding colors and decorate as you like.
Which one would YOU like to eat?
ENJOY!! :) :)
Sending this to Aathidhyam's Event: Bread Mania.