Sunday, April 18, 2010
Dry Curry of Potatoes, Carrots and Peas
I also will try to catch up on your delicious recipes as soon as I can. Its 1:10 in the night and before my eyes get heavy and my mind stops working, let me share this simple recipe of dry and healthy curry which you can enjoy with Hot Chapattis and Raita on the side.
Here is the recipe (Click here for printable recipe)
1 cup Fresh Chopped Carrots
1 Cup Chopped Potatoes
3/4 Cup Green Peas
2 Green Chillies - Finely Chopped
1 Tsp Chopped Ginger
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
Salt and Red Chilli Powder- To Taste
1 Tsp - Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp- Oil
Coriander Leaves- To Garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. As Cumin Seeds change their color, add green chillies and ginger. Saute for 15 seconds.
2. Add all the dry spices in the oil, mix and let the spices simmer in the oil for 15-20 seconds.
3. Add in the Potatoes, Carrots and Green Peas. Mix well so that they get well coated with the spices.
4. Cover the pan partially and let the vegetables cook until they are tender and nicely done. (Keep stirring every 3-4 min so that the vegetables don't stick to the pan or get burnt)
5. Garnish with Coriander leaves and Serve Hot with chapattis.