Friday, March 5, 2010
Healthy Choco Almond Banana Muffins!
Hubby Dear jokes with me and tells me that you go on full diet for a whole week I am not there. But what to do; It's like he takes my enthusiasm to cook on trip with him....LOL. He is coming home tonight and the thought of him coming back gave me back my enthusiasm to cook and bake. I made these Choco Banana Almonds Muffins for him. He loves banana breads, banana shakes, banana muffins...everything that has banana in it.
These Muffins came out perfect. Healthy, Moist, flavorful and delicious!
Here is the simple recipe (Click here for printable recipe)
2 Large bananas, mashed
1/2 cup + 6 Tbsp white sugar
1 slightly beaten egg
1/3 cup melted margarine or butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Unsweetend Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour ( I use 1 cup whole wheat and 1/2 a cup of all purpose flour)
1/4 cup chopped Almonds
1. Lightly beat the margarine and sugar.
2. Add beaten egg, vanilla essence and mashed bananas. Mix well and Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, Cocoa Powder, Salt and Flour.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture.
5. Mix wet and dry ingredients all together, be careful not to over-stir!
6. Throw in the chopped almonds and mix. Ready Mixture would be lumpy.
Pour into greased muffin tins, or use paper liners and bake in pre-heated 350 degrees oven for approximately 20-25 minutes. ( Check my inserting a toothpick in the center; which should come out clean. Also when you tap on the muffin; it should spring back)
These muffins store well in an airtight container.