Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Fried Rice from Leftovers!
This is what I did: (Click here for printable recipe)
1. Leftover Rice ( I had approximately 1 cup of cooked rice). You can cook fresh rice too.
2. 1/4th Cup Chopped Green Onion (Whites and greens separated)
3. 1/2 Cup Frozen Mix Veggies
4. 3 Tbsp Oil
5. Salt - To taste6. 1 Tsp -Red Chilli Sauce (I used Ching's)
7. 1/2 Tsp- Green Chilli Sauce (Ching's)
8. 1/2 Tsp Vinegar
9. 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
1. Heat oil in the pan. Add the frozen veggies and the whites of chopped green onion.
2. Saute until a little tender. You don't want them too soft or soggy. Just Tender.
3. Add Salt, Garam Masala, Red and Green Chilli Sauce to it. Mix well.
4. Add Vinegar to it and mix.
5. Now add the cooked rice to it and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes on high flame while stirring.
6. Garnish with Greens of Spring Onions.
You can make some Manchurian along with it.I was lazy and enjoyed them simply with some Raita.