Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Eggless 4C's - Chewy Chocolatey Cashew Cookies!
After so many spicy dishes, it's time for some sweet stuff. What's better than something made of chocolate.
Eggless Chewy Chocolate Cashew Cookies?? Yummmmmmieeee.... I baked after so many days today and my house was full of aroma and these cookies are so delicious, gooey and perfectly chewy.
I saw the recipe from All Recipes but tweaked quite a bit of it. I wanted to make eggless ones so I used cornstarch instead of eggs. Add Cinnamon for flavor and instead of chocolate chips, I added Cashews and trust me they are a great addition.
These goes straight to Champa's Bake Off Event...better late than never..Right Champa? :)
Enjoy this simple recipe ( Click here for printable recipe)
1/2 Cup Margarine Softened
1 Cup White Sugar
2 Tbsp Cornstarch dissolved into 2 Tbsp of Water
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
6 Tbsp Cocoa Powder ( I used Hersheys)
1/2 Cup Chopped Cashews
1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
1. Pre-heat Oven to 350 Degrees F
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add in the dissolved corn starch and mix. Stir in the vanilla essence.
4. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
5. Gradually stir in the creamed mixture. Mix nicely with easy hands using a spatula.
6. Fold in the chopped cashews.
7. Drop by rounded spoonfuls into the cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 9-10 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Do not overbake.
9. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
10 Enjoy with a glass of cold milk. :)