Boondi Curry, its time for some sweet dish. Don't we like to eat dessert/sweet after our spicy meal? I am sure all of us keep save some of our appetite for this last course :)
Kheer (Rice Pudding) is a sweet dish made by boiling rice with milk and sugar and flavored with cardamon, saffron, raisins, pistachios or almonds. This creamy, thick and delicious pudding is a sure crowd pleaser.
Here is the the delicious recipe ( Click here for printable recipe)
Milk- 1 Litre
Rice- 1/2 Cup
Sugar- 3/4 Cup (or to taste)
Cardamom Powder- 1/2 Tsp
Coasrsely Chopped Mixed Dryfruit (Raisins, Pistachios, Almonds) - 1/2 Cup
Saffron- Few Strands
1. Soak Rice in Water for 1/2 an hour.
2. In a thick bottomed pan boil the milk. As the milk comes to a boil, put the flame to low and add the drained rice.
3. Cook Milk and Rice till rice is soft, stirring in between.
4. In a tsp of milk, add the strands of saffron and add to the Kheer.
4. Add Sugar and cook till it becomes thick and creamy. Add Dry Fruits and cook for a 2-3 min more. Remember to keep stirring in between so that milk doesn't burn and stick to the pan.
5. Turn off the flame and add cardamom powder.
6. Transfer the kheer into a deep bowl and let it cool.
Serve Kheer Warm or Cold (refrigerate if you like it cool). I personally like Cold Kheer. Its delicious.