My oven was heated so I started shaping up cookies with my hands which I normally do. So some of my cookies are plain and on some I made imprint using the cookie disc by my hands. I had baked half the cookies when my husband came home and when he saw my sad face; I told him about my useless effort in trying a Cookie Press. So finally, he got his way around it and we made some of the shaped cookies with rest of the batter.
These cookies are flavorable, crunchy and chewy. Perfect to go with glass of milk, tea or coffee.
Enjoy this simple recipe that makes about 2 dozen cookies. (Click here for printable version of recipe)
Butter – 1 and 1/2 sticks
Sugar – 1 Cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tbsp
Whole Wheat Flour – 3/4th Cup
All Purpose Flour- 3/4th Cup
Salt – 1 pinch
Baking Soda- 1/2 Tsp
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
2. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add vanilla essence.
4. Sift in flour,salt and baking soda. Mix well until mixture becomes a soft dough.
5. Use a cookie press to press out desired cookie shape on greased baking tray. ( If your cookies press
doesn't work like mine, feel free to use your hands)
6. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges of the cookie turn brown.