Thursday, February 25, 2010
Moong Daal ke Ladoo ki Chaat
Feeling nostalgic writing this post. If you are from Delhi, I am sure you can relate to this feeling. Back in India, In winters specially, street hawkers would come selling this warm delicious moong daal ke ladoo with Mooli (Shredded radish called DAIKON too) and loads of spicy green chutney...yummmyyyy! Hawkers sell this by the name "Ram Ladoo", dont know why; and we used to call these "Gulgule"; again dont know why :)
Today after a long long time I ate these; not only ate, but made tooo....loved it! These are very simple and easy to make. (Click here for printable recipe)
1. Yellow Moong Daal (Washed & Soaked in water for atleast 6 hours or overnight)
2. Salt- To taste
3. Red Chilli Powder-To taste
4. Shredded Radish/Daikon- 1 Cup
5. Green Chutney- Depends how much you want
6. Oil- To fry ladoo
1. Grind the dal to a rough paste in a mixer grinder, using very little water, only if required.
Do not make it into a smooth past
2. Beat ground dal in a bowl using whisker for 5-7 minutes till it feels really light and frothy of a soft dropping
consistency, Add salt and red chilli powder. Mix well.
3. Heat oil in a Kadhai/pan for deep frying. To test if oil is hot enough, drop a little paste into the kadhai.
It should rise to the surface almost immediately
4. Using round spoon drop small amounts of paste into oil. Reduce heat to medium.
5. Fry till golden yellow. Drain excess oil on paper napkins.
6. Serve loaded with grated Mooli (Grated Radish) and Spicy Green chutney.