Cheesecake and extra calories; its time for some healthy food.
Both Turnip and Carrot are root vegetables. Turnip is a good source of Vitamin C and Carrots are rich in dietary fibre, antioxidants and minerals.
This dry vegetable (sabzi) of Turnip and Carrots is quick to make and is very delicious.
This recipe yields 4 servings. (Click here for printable version of this recipe)
1. 4 large Turnips- 4
2. Long Carrots- 4
3. Green Chillies-2 (chopped)
4. Salt- To Taste
5. Red Chilli Powder- To Taste
6. Garam Masala- 1/2 Tsp
7. Coriander Powder-1 Tsp
8. Mango Powder (Amchur)- 1 Tsp
9. Turmeric Powder- 1 Tsp
10.Cumin Seeds- 1 Tsp
11. Oil- 2 Tbsp
12. Shredded Ginger- 1 Tsp
13. Coriander Leaves - For Garnishing.
1. Peel, Wash and Shred both Turnips and Carrots. Squeeze the excess water out of the shredded turnips. This takes out the sourness of the turnips.
2. In a pan, heat oil at medium flame. Add Cumin seeds and once it changes color, add Ginger and Green Chillies and stir for about 30 sec.
3. Then add in all the spices (masala) and mix for 15-20 seconds.
4. Add the sherred turnips and carrots and mix well so that it get coated nicely with the spices.
5. Let it cook on medium flame for 10-15 minutes or until its well cooked. (Keep stirring in between).
6. Garnish with fresh Coriander leaves.
Serve with Hot Rotis.