LOVE is in the Air!! Although people who are in love do not need a specific day to express or show their feelings; we still go an extra mile to do the same for our special one on this day which is called- Valentine's Day!
My husband has always been a great planner. He always surprises me with all the lovely things he plans for me on all my and our special occasion. At midnight, he gave me plenty of beautiful flowers, card and an IPHONE!! Yayyyyyy....I so love it!! In the afternoon today he took me to an exotic french restaurant for lunch followed by a romantic movie. What else do I need? Its a beautiful feeling that someone you love; loves you back more than you and does every thing to make you feel so special! :)
You must be thinking-- What did I do for him? Well....Apart from the gifts and cards that I gave him at midnight; I also baked this Heart Shaped NY Style Cheesecake for my sweet toothed husband. :)
We both love cheesecake and have been hogging onto this huge bundle of calories! But what to do; It's one of the most relished delicacy.
Here is the easy recipe for all of you. Bake this gorgeous cake at home and enjoy with your loved ones.
(Click here for printable recipe)
15 Graham crackers ( Crush them to crumbs in a mixer)
1/4th tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
4 packs of Cream Cheese ( At room temperature. I left mine out on the kitchen counter overnight)
1 C Sour Cream
1 Cup Sugar
1/3 cup Sweetend Condensed Milk
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Corn Starch
1 tbsp Lemon Juice/Zest
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 10 inch springform pan or a 1-use aluminium foil pan. I used the aluminium foil pan as didn't find any heart shaped spring-form one in any store out here.
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Press onto bottom of pan using back side of a measuring cup or flat spatula.
3. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 15 minutes and then let it cool on the counter top.
4. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. (Do it with electric hand blender on the lowest speed or in a stand mixer with the pedal attachment at low speed)
5. Blend in sour cream, sweetend condensed milk and mix until incorporated. Add vanilla and lemon zest and blend it in.(Use wooden spoon or spatula to do this.)
5. Add the corn starch at this point and mix well using spatula. Do not overmix.
6. Then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Stir after adding each egg and then add the other.
7. Pour filling into prepared crust.
8. Put the baking pan into the center rack of the oven. Right below that rack put another pan (of larger size) filled halfway with hot water. This creates moisture in the oven for even baking of the cheesecake and prevents cracking.
8. Bake the cheesecake for 45 to 55 minutes, until it is almost done - this can be hard to judge, but you're looking for the cake to hold together, but still have a lot of jiggle to it in the center. You don't want it to be completely firm at this stage. Turn the heat off, and let rest in the cooling oven for 2 hours. This lets the cake finish cooking and cool down gently enough so that it won't crack on the top.
9.After couple of hours, remove cheesecake from oven and lift carefully. Let it finish cooling on the counter, and then put in the fridge to chill for 5-6 hours at the minimum. Overnight is best.
10.Serve at room temperature.
Prep notes: While the actual making of this cheesecake is a minimal time commitment, it does need to bake for almost an hour, cool in the oven for couple of hours and chill overnight before it is served. Please plan accordingly and control your urge to dive into the cheesecake until next day.
Note-- My pan was 8.5 inches so I used the rest of the batter to make 4 small individual size cheesecakes.
As all of you are my favorite and regular blog readers; I would like to offer these individual size cheesecakes to you..
Here....THE PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!
Another one with Little bit of Shaved Chocolate on the top--
This one with Hot Melted Chocolate Drizzled on the top with some Truffles...YUMMY!!
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!! I know u need more...HERE is a one special slice with cherries on top from the HEART SHAPED ONE! ...Hey!!!.Don't tell my husband, I shared this slice with you from his share of cake!! :)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !
Priya's St. Valentines Event-
Bake A Cake Event by Foodielovers