It wasn't as much as we get in East Coast; but it was enough to make me happy :)
Texas doesn't have any means to clear the slippery roads, highways etc hence even the little snow or ice creates panic for people here. My Husband's office issued notice and advised people to maintain care or work from home. As hubby dear was home, made these deep fried Potato filled Bread Rolls with Tea and enjoyed the weather.
These are quick to make and taste awesome! (Click here for Printable Recipe)
5 White Bread Slices
2 Potatoes boiled and mashed
1/2 Onion- finely chopped
2 Green Chillies- Chopped
1 Tbsp- Chopped Coriander leaves
1 Tsp- Mango Powder
1/2 Tsp- Garam Masala
Salt and Red Chilli Powder- To taste
Oil- For frying
1. In the bowl of mashed potatoes, add chopped green chillies,onions, chopped coriander leaves and mix.
2. Add in all the spices (masala) and mix nicely. Taste for seasoning and adjust according to your taste.
3. To make the bread soft, dip each slice of bread in water and take out quickly and carefully.
4. Gently squeeze the bread between your palms and squeeze out water.
5. Take a heap of potato mixture in the center of each slice and roll it from the sides to cover the mixture. You can either make oblong rolls or bring all the four corners to the center and cover the mixture, like I did.
7. Once the oil is ready, deep fry the rolls until browned from both sides and look crispy.
8. Bread Rolls are ready! SERVE Hot with Green Chutney or Tomato Ketchup and Hot TEA!