Thursday, February 25, 2010
(Aloo Faliyan ) Green Beans and Potato Sabzi
This dry sabzi of Green Beans and Potato is Stir-fried with lots of spices and made within minutes. It is simple yet delicious and healthy. This goes very well with hot chapattis and some Raita on the side.
Here is the recipe (Click here for printable recipe)
2 Cups- Green Beans (Washed, and Chopped)
1 and 1/2 Cup- Potato (Peeled, Washed and Chopped)
3 Tbsp- Oil
1 tsp- Ginger (Finely Chopped or paste)
2 Green Chillies (Chopped)
1 Tsp- Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp -Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp- Garam Masala
1 Tsp- Coriander Powder
Salt and Red Chilli Powder - TO TASTE
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add Cumin Seeds. When they start to change color, add Ginger. Stir for 10-15 seconds.
2. Add Green Chillies and stir for 15-20 more seconds and then add all the spices/masalas and stir.
3. Add the chopped Potatoes and beans and mix nicely so that both the vegetables get coated with the spices evenly.
4. Cover the pan and let it cook.
5. Keep stirring every 3-4 minutes until both potatoes and beans are tender and well cooked.