I had some sour cream (fat free) at home which was going to expire soon and wanted to use it somewhere and not waste it. So thought might as well use it in baking.
A few days ago I had seen some muffins recipe made out of Parle-G biscuits/cookies at Sushma Mallya's blog which I really liked. It reminded me that I have some unused petite shortbread cookies at home which we bought long time ago at a Girl's Scout booth outside Ihop and haven't really eaten much of them. So, I decided to use those along with some Parle-G which I had at home. Also since I wanted to make this more healthy, I added some Cereals (Honey bunch of Oats with almonds) to it. The outcome was a really soft, spongy and delicious cake.
So here is my version of the recipe.. Indulge without guilt :)
1. 15-18 Parle G Biscuits
2. 10-12 Shortbread cookies (you can either use all of Parle-G or all Shortbread )
3. 1/2 cup cereal (any type)
4. 3/4th cup Sour Cream (Fat free)
5. 1/4 th cup and 2 Tablespoon Milk
6. 1/2 cup oil
7. 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
8. 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
9. 1/2 cup Sugar
10. 1 Tsp Baking Powder
11. 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Finely Grind all the biscuits and cereal in a mixer.
3. In a bowl, along with the biscuit-cereal mixture add the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and Mix well.
4. In a spearate bowl, cream the sugar with oil and add rest of the ingredient. Beat well.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet one and beat it well ( as we do for the cake). Make sure there are no lumps.
6. Pour the batter into a greased baking dish ( I used a round cake pan).
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 min or until a toothpick inserted come out clean. (mine took about 28 min)
8. Let the cake cool completely.
Enjoy it with or without icing. It taste awesome both ways.