Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Yummy Chocolate Cinnamon Cake
I am posting a recipe after 10 days today. My husband and I went to Smoky Mountains to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. It was great. I can't believe it's been an year. You don't realise how time flies when you are enjoying life and having fun.
A day before leaving for Smoky's, I made this awesome Chocolate Cinnamon Cake. I was just sitting and surfing net when I came through the blog of Divya who had bookmarked this recipe from Deeba’s blog who in turn made it from Mary-The Food Librarian’s blog.
The Cake looked so delicious and inviting that I couldn't stop myself and decided to bake the cake right away. I didn't had the bundt pan.....so i baked it in the regular pan and trust me bundt or no bundt....It's the cake that matters to me ...hehe..that too Chocolate Cake.
So here I am posting this recipe and I agree with Divya that Cake tastes better the next day when the Chocolate and Cinnamon flavored has seeped in well. My mouth is watering as I write. Need to bake this cake again very soon :)
Butter – ½ cup
Water – 1 cup
Vegetable oil – ½ cup
Cocoa powder – 5 tbsps[I used Hershey's]
Plain flour – 1 ½ cups
Wholewheat flour – ½ cup
Sugar – 1 ¾ cups
Salt – ½ tsp
Buttermilk – ½ cup ( I didnt have buttermilk so i used 1/2 cup of milk and 1/4th tsp Vinegar added to it. Keep it for 5 min)
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2,lightly beaten
Cinnamon – 1 ½ tsps
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease a large regular pan or bundt pan with cooking spray.
3. Put butter, water, oil, and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together both flours, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Then, add the buttermilk and baking soda.
7. Mix together the eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small bowl, and add to the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
8. Bake it for 25-30 min. Mine took around 28 min.
9. Let it cool completely before you cut.
Enjoy this yummy gooey Chocolate Cinnamon Cake and send me some for tasting and approving ;) ..LOL
Adding this to WYF: TEA Time Snack Event