Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Eggless Orange Flavored Cake...Yummy!
Before I get busy again, I do want to post the recipe for this awesome eggless orange cake that I baked on the Christmas day. I found this recipe on Pratibha's Blog and decide to make it right away.
I doubled the recipe and tweeked it a little bit to make it a little healthy. Outcome was delicious. The cakes was spongy and super soft. You won't even miss the eggs.
Here is the recipe:
2 1/2 Cup Flour ( I used 1 1/4th of Maida(All Purpose) and 1 1/4th of Whole Wheat)
3/4 can Sweetend Condensed Milk (I used Fat Free)
1 cup Melted Butter (I used 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup oil.)
1 cup Orange Juice
7 tbsp powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 tsp Orange Essence
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the Oven @ 350 F.
2. Line and grease a baking tray/pan. I used the rectangular pan.
3. Sift the flour with baking powder and baking soda into a bowl and keep it aside.
4. In another bowl mix well with a hand whisker melted butter,oil,condensed milk,orange juice,powdered sugar,vanilla essence and orange essense until everything is mixed well.
5. Make a well in the sifted flour mixture and pour the whisked wet ingredients mixture in the center and gently mix the mixture until you get a smooth and uniform mixture without lumps.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking tray and tap it twice to remove the air bubbles formed if any.
7. Place this pan in the center of the oven and bake it for 30-35 mins until the crust is golden brown in color or if the tooth pick comes out clean when inserted into it.
8.After 10 mins remove it from the pan and let it cool on the wire rack.Cut into square wedges and serve.
Store it in the air tight container.
Adding this to WYF:Tea Time Snack Event and to Cakes and Cookies Event