Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Btw,You can put any vegetable you want!
1 Big Capsicum- Chopped
1 Cup Paneer- Cubed
1 Onion- Chopped in big pieces
2 Tomato- Chopped in big pieces
1 cup- Bite size Cauliflower
2 Green Chillies- Chopped
1 Tsp- Ginger Paste
2 Tbsp- Tomato Ketchup
1 Tbsp- Corn Starch
1 Tsp- Cumin Seeds
2 Tbsp- Oil
1/4 th Tsp- Garam Masala
1 Tsp- Coriander Powder
Salt- To Taste
Red Chilli Powder- To Taste
Water- 1 Cup divided in 2 parts.
1. In a pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds, when they turn slighty brown, add green chillies and ginger paste.
Saute for 30 sec.
2. Add Onions and saute until light brown in color. Add in the tomatoes and saute till they are slightly tender. You dont want them to be mashed. Cook for couple of minutes.
3. Add the tomato Ketchup and mix it well. Now add in all the masalas. Mix it well. Let it cook for 2 minutes
4. Add Cauliflower, Capsicum and Paneer at this point. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add 1/2 Cup of Water. Cover the pan and let it cook until vegetables are tender.
6. Mix corn starch to the rest of the 1/2 cup water and add to the vegetable. This will give a nice silky texture to the gravy. If you don't have corn starch or corn flour at home, its ok. You can just skip this and just add 1/4th or 1/2 cup of water- depending on the amount of gravy you want.
7. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes and turn off the flame.
8. Garnish with Coriander.
SERVE HOT WITH ROTI or NAAN.