My husband totally loves Mushrooms and wants to eat it at least once a week. So I keep trying making them in different ways every time.
For all the Mushroom lovers out there, here is the recipe for Mushroom Matar Masala. Try it out!
1 pack of Button Mushrooms ( Cut them into halves)
1 Cup Green Peas(Matar)
1 Medium Onion
2 Small Tomatoes-Finely Chopped
Dry Red Chillies- 3-4
2 Green Chillies- Finely Chopped
Small piece of Ginger- Finely Chopped
1 Tsp- Chaat Masala
1/4th Tsp- Garam Masala
1/2 tsp- Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp- Coriander Powder
Red Chilli Powder- (To taste)
Asafoetida (heeng)- a pinch
Salt (To taste)
Water- 1 cup
1. In a medium pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil. Add in the cut mushrooms. Add very little salt and chaat masala and fry them lightly until golden brown.
2. Take them out of the pan.
3. Add some oil again to the pan. In the heated oil, put Asafoetida. Then add dry red chillies, ginger and green chillies. Fry them for a minute and then add chopped onions.
4. Fry them until golden brown and add cut tomatoes. Let it until tomatoes turn soft.
5. Add rest of the masala- Red Chilli Powder, Salt, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala and Turmeric Powder. Let the masala cook until oil separates from the mixture.
6. Add Green Peas and fried Mushroom to the mixture and mix it well. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
7. Add the water to the pan, mix it and cover the pan and let it cook on until Mushroom's are tender.
8. Switch off the flame, Garnish with Tomato and serve hot with Roti or Naan.