I love Thai food and we usually go out to eat Thai. This is the first time I tried making it at home and it turned out awesome. The first thing my husband said after tasting the curry is – “Wow! It’s better than what we get at the restaurant!” J
Try this easy recipe and impress your better half with our diverse cooking skills.
2 tbsp Cooking oil
2 tbsp Red Curry paste (You can add more if you like it HOT)
1 Tsp – Ginger paste
3-4 Red dry chilies (chopped)
1 Can Unsweetened Coconut milk
1 cup Water
Salt (to taste)
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil (For Garnishing)
1 block Firm or Extra Firm Tofu- cut into bite size pieces
2 cups Vegetables (You can either get the frozen ones from grocery store)
Or Chop some fresh vegetables like I did:
2-3 baby potatoes chopped
1 Cup French Green Beans
1/2 Red pepper (capsicum) cut into strips
1/2 Green Pepper, roughly chopped
8-10 Baby corn spears, cut into half lengthways
1 tbsp Bean Sprouts
1. Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a large wok or frying pan.
2. Add the tofu and stir fry it till golden. Take it out of the pan.
3. Add 1 more Tbsp of cooking oil now. Put in the cut red chilles. Fry for 30 seconds. Put in Green Beans. Fry it for 1 minute, and then add in the green and red peppers. Fry for another 2 min. Add potatoes, corn and sprouts now and stir fry for 1 more min.
4. Add Ginger paste and the Red Curry paste. Mix it well so that it blends well with the vegetables. Stir fry for 2 min.
5. Add the coconut milk and water. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
6. Add the fried tofu and salt at this point and let it simmer partially covered, until vegetables are soft and tender.
7. Garnish with Basil.
Serve Hot with Steamed White Rice
P.S- You can get a can of red curry paste from Wal-Mart or any local store. If you are a pure Vegetarian like me, look at the ingredients as some brands have shrimp or fish oil in the paste.