Friday, November 13, 2009
Besan Ka Puda/Chilla ( Gram Flour Pancake)
Hungry? Want something to eat for breakfast or with evening tea? Something that is quick and easy to make?
Here's the recipe of Besan ka Puda. It is also called Besan ka Chilla.
1 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
1 medium onion finely chopped
2-3 Green Chillies chopped
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Salt (to taste)
Red Chilli Powder (to taste)
Water- To make paste
Oil- 2-3 Tbsp
1. In a bowl, add Besan and all the masala's - Salt, Red Chilli Powder and Garam Masala.
2. Add little water at a time and make a batter by mixing well making sure they are no lumps in the besan.
3. Fold in the chopped onions and green chillies and mix well. (Make sure paste is neither too thick nor watery)
4. Heat a nonstick pan, with a spoon add 1 tsp of oil on the pan. Just enough to grease it.
5. Using a round ladle, pour some batter on the pou