Adding Zest to your Cooking......
Foodbuzz Top 9 Winners!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Stuffed Mushroom Pepper
Button Mushrooms- 400 gms
Capsicums/Green Bell Pepper- 2 or 3
Onion Chopped- 1 small
Chopped Tomato- 1 medium
Finely Chopped Ginger- 2 cms
Finely Chopped Green Chillies- 2
Oil - 4 tbsp
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
Green Chilli Sauce- 1 tsp
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water- 1/4th cup
- Cut Mushroom into small pieces.
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil. Fry the ginger and then green chillies.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown. Then add tomatoes and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add Chilli Powder, Salt, Vinegar.
- Then add Mushrooms and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook on medium heat till almost dry.
- Add Soy Sauce and Green Chilli Sauce. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. ( You can also use toaster oven. For that temperature is 400 degree F).
- Cut Capsicum/Bell Pepper into halves and remove the seeds from inside. ( They should look like oval bowl).
- Using a basting brush, slightly coat the inside and outside of the Capsicum/ Bell Pepper with oil.
- Fill in the prepared Mushrooms into the cut bowls of Capsicum/Bell Pepper. Do not overfill.
- Arrange the filled Capsicum/Bell Peppers on the baking sheet and put it in over for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the Capsicums and make sure they dont get burnt. You know they are done when the Capsicum starts to curl/shrunken from the corners and get creases all over.
- Server Hot.
(Time for Conventional Oven- 10-15 min, depending on the oven)
(It could take upto 20+ minutes in a toaster oven).
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
This looks yummy...should try soon..
September 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)