I hope and I will try to keep up with blogging as often as I can. I can't explain the excitement I am feeling as I type this post. So, lets get to the recipe for these delicious soft Blueberry muffins with the goodness of Oats. These just came out perfect with a gorgeous golden brown top& moist flavorful inside. We enjoyed these muffins warmed up with a little butter on top along with the Tea.Oh so Yum!
Here is the recipe.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 18 min | Total Time: 33 min
Yields: 12 medium size muffins
1/2 cup quick oats
1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup brown or regular sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Heat oven to 400°F and line a muffin tray with the paper liners.
2. Combine oats with buttermilk and let it soak for 5 min
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together the melted butter and sugar. Add lightly whisked egg, vanilla essence and the buttermilk oats mixture.
5. Gently fold flour mixture into the wet mixture without over mixing. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Bake for 18-20 min in the preheated oven. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
Do try these yummy muffins and let me know how you like these.